Documents Required To File Income Tax Return

Documents Required To File Income Tax Return
Please note that AADHAAR has also been made mandatory for Income returns filed w.e.f 1st July 2017. Now, you also need to have your AADHAAR Card while filing your Income tax return for financial year.

General Filing

PAN card 
Bank account information 
TDS certificates (if applicable) 
Tax payment challans (Self-assessment, advance tax) 
In case of revised return/return in response to a notice received from Department of Income-tax - You need the details of Original return/details of notice

Salary Income Filing

Form 16 / Salary Certificate received from the Employer

House Property income Filing

Address of the property. 
Co-owner details (if property is co-owned) 
Interest certificate issued by bank for housing loan 
Rent details

Capital Gains income Filing

Sale and Purchase deed of the property including stamp valuation of the property (for land/building) 
Documents for cost of improvement on the property (if improvement is done) 
Stock statement in case of trading in shares etc. (specifying sale and purchase value of shares) 
In case of other capital asset the cost of purchase, sale value and cost of improvement if any 
Details of expense incurred on transfer 
Re-investment purchase deed for claiming exemption from Capital Gains 
Details of investment in Capital Gains Accounts Scheme

Other Sources income Filing

Bank Passbook/Statement or interest income certificate 
PPF passbook for interest 
Dividend warrants/amount 
Interest certificates on bonds 
Details of accrued interest on NSC during the year. 
Rent agreement for plant & machinery, building etc 
Receipts of any income from winning of lottery, horse races etc.

Tax Savings Investments

Life and medical insurance payment receipts 
PPF passbook 
Fixed deposit receipts (eligible for section 80C) 
Repayment certificate for housing loan 
Deposit receipts for senior citizen saving scheme. 
Tuition fees receipts 
Donation receipts (for section 80G) 
Any other tax saving investment receipts/proof

Best TAX advice for Freelancers, Professionals, Trader and Web based agencies.

  • CA Assisted filing for saving tax
  • Support on Call/Skype/Email
FREE 10* min of consultation