ITR 1 form is most important form for income tax returns because it is applied to salaried employees mostly.We are providing steps to file ITR 1 on income tax efiling website.Filing returns on income tax website is free and easy.
Steps for ITR 1 form submission are as follows:
- Click e-file ITR 1 online
- You will get Login form and enter login details using PAN or else register yourself.
- Once you get logged in,you will see the ITR1 form.
- Click on personal details and fill them.
- Click and enter your income details from salaries,house property etc after entering personal details
- Enter section 80C deduction amount.
- Salary income as per form 16 in B1
- Other income entered in B3.
- Click tax details
- Click Taxes paid and validation,here you can see refund amount or balance amount.
- Enter bank details in D20.
- Final step is click submit to file return.
The tax filing process is invalid unless your ITR V is verified.You can electronically verify or mail the signed ITR V to the processing centre in Bangalore within 120 days of filing the return.
Eligibility for ITR 1 form
All individuals cannot use ITR 1 form for income tax filing.
- Income from salary or pension.
- Income from one house property.
- Income from other sources like interest income.
Who cannot use ITR 1 form are
- Income from more than 1 house property.
- Income from lottery or races.
- Capital gains income.
- Agriculture income.
- Business income.
- Asset having outside india.
ITR 1 Form due date
31st July of next financial year is due date for ITR 1 form submission.
Follow these easy steps and e-file your income tax return.Last date of filing ITR 1 form is generally July 31 of every year.